invites applications for the position of:
Planning and Zoning Director - Baldwin County Commission
$72,902.00 - $119,460.00 Annually
05/06/21 11:59 PM
The Planning and Zoning Director develops and monitors the work program and budget for the Planning and Zoning Department. This position directs all operations and projects for the department, serves as representative/liaison on behalf of the County for multiple intergovernmental/public activities related to planning issues, and coordinates with the County Commission, County Administrator and the Department Heads.
This position requires driving as an essential function of the position. For Baldwin County driving requirements, please see the following link: Driver Qualifications. Successful applicants must be at least 20 years old, insurable by the County’s insurance carrier, pass a criminal and motor vehicle background check and will be subject to a pre-employment drug test and physical.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develop and monitor department work program.
2. Prepare annual operating budget and monitor expenditures.
3. Supervise, direct and evaluate department staff. Interview and select new staff.
4. Train/develop employees as needed in department operations and professional skills.
5. Represent the County to various groups/organizations as needed.
6. Serves as Zoning Administrator.
7. Serves as executive secretary to the Planning Commission and Boards of Adjustment.
8. Oversee all departmental activities including land development programs, environmental programs, community development programs and economic development activities.
9. Perform special projects as directed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in planning or related field. Master's degree preferred.
2. AICP certification desired.
3. A minimum of six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of planning and zoning. Additional experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
4. Possess a valid driver's license.
5. Willing to work non-standard hours as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of management principles.
2. Ability to communicate effectively and to develop productive relationships with elected and appointed officials as well as staff at all levels, media and the general public.
3. Thorough knowledge of the principals and practices of planning and of the legal basis of planning and land development regulation.
4. Knowledge of computers and software related to job (word processing, spreadsheets, GIS).
5. Ability to prepare plans, studies, reports and correspondence.
Please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/baldwincountyal to apply.
| || || |
Baldwin County Commission and Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, marital status, disability, citizenship or veteran status in employment. It is the intent of the Baldwin County Commission and Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office to guarantee equal opportunity to allow disabled employees a bias-free work environment. Baldwin County Commission and Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation in compliance with the ADA. Recruitment and selection processes will grant equal opportunity for employment to qualified applicants and will not discriminate on the basis of disability. Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request during the application, testing, and interview process.